Migration and Development Brief
Migration and Development Brief 25
The growth rate of remittances to developing countries is projected to fall from 3.3 percent in 2014 to 2.0 percent in 2015. The impact of slow growth on remittance outflows measured in dollars is compounded by the valuation effects of the U.S. dollar appreciation against the currencies of remittance-source countries, especially the ruble.
Report Chapters and Remittance Inflows and Outflows Data
- Remittance trends and outlook
- Remittances in 2015.
- Outlook and risks
- Trends in the cost of remittances
- Major policy changes: Sustainable Development Goals, Financing for Development, and De-risking
- The Sustainable Development Goals and Financing for Development
- De-risking by commercial banks.
- Recent trends in refugees and migrants in Europe